Monday, March 17, 2008

Meeting Bands and Dealing With Snow in March - S3E13


I apologize for not having an entry for March and here I am trying to write an entry. All I can say that it has been a crazy time with the free time I still have.
There were a lot of things happening.
- March 7, I went to a friend's birthday dinner which also turned to clubbing later on. This was on the eve and start of the big snowstorm. Here's link via Flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/lenny-wu/sets/72157604072720403/
- March 8, I had a lion dance performance at Hilton Lac Leamy in Gatineau, QC. This was during the massive snowstorm that blanketed Ontario to the Maritimes. Here is the link to the photos, http://www.flickr.com/photos/lenny-wu/sets/72157604077374547/
- March 9, I got Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii, 'nuff said. Let's say that it was after the massive snowstorm and was barely able to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- March 10, I got a chance to meet Immaculate Machine (pictured above) at an in-store performance. The band members are nice and I had a chance to chat with them before and after the concert. Here are photos from the performance, http://www.flickr.com/photos/lenny-wu/sets/72157604095038057/.
- March 13, I went to The National Gallery of Canada for this event called "Are You In?" It was a March Break event for the teens. I know I am not a teen but I came out in support of Amanda Putz and to check out The Love Machine because they are getting played on CBC Radio 3. I also got to see former MuchMusic VJ/host, Jennifer Hollett at the event. What I didn't know was that Amanda Putz had CBC Radio 3 goodies and I wanted to get the Castro, I mean Freedom hat, but I got a R3 t-shirt and R3 buttons with the 4 mascots instead. Here are photos from the event, http://www.flickr.com/photos/lenny-wu/sets/72157604110756164/

Coming up, I will be seeing Immaculate Machine again on Good Friday as they will be with Ladyhawk at Zaphod Beeblebrox. On Thursday March 27, I cannot wait to check out Basia Bulat again but at Zaphod Beeblebrox. Hopefully she still remembers from the Hayden concert back in January.
In early April, I will finally get to go to the Stars concert at the Bronson Centre.

No comments: